Ready to join the Three Chord team in New York? Apply now!
STEEL BENDING SPIRITS LLC.
POSITION: AREA SALES MANAGER
To maximize the sale of Steel Bending Spirits Brands to the trade and consumer through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising, and communicating that permits achievement of company objectives.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Vision: Three Chord Bourbon will become a premium Brand in the Bourbon Industry with our unique flavor profile and perfectly tuned taste technology.
Mission: To become the one of the best tasting and well recognized Bourbons in the Spirits Industry.
Professionalism: Three Chord Bourbon Team members aim to be model citizens and the envy of the Spirits Industry. Each Team Member will conduct themselves in a professional manner and treat others with respect and dignity.
These are the values and beliefs most important to Three Chord Bourbon;
• Our Teammates: Most fundamentally our people are the core of our business. Without them, we would not have a business. We hire the best and expect great accomplishments.
• Customer Service: Every Selling and production decision we make has our Three Chord Bourbon customers in mind, and we pull out all stops to make the satisfaction of our Three Chord Bourbon Customers paramount.
• Giving Back/Philanthropy: We will identify and put funds towards giving back to the identified Pillars of Giving with all team members understanding that we are an organization with strong beliefs of giving back and making a difference.
• Innovation: We aim for innovation, not only in the development of our product, but also in the way we approach all aspects of our business.
• Teamwork: We work together as a team, and we succeed as a team. There is no one person, no ego, and no personal agenda that supersedes the best interests of the team.
• Integrity: We say what we mean and mean what we say. We stick to our commitments, treat everyone equitably, and communicate openly and honestly.
• Fun: We work hard and play hard, Selling in company events that help our team members and their families feel a connection to Three Chord Bourbon beyond business as usual. We also feel it’s important to have a sense of humor. We like to laugh—it makes our work that much more enjoyable.
• Profitability: Long-term economic success is what helps us to provide all our Team members and Three Chord Bourbon Share Holders with the best products in the industry to be enjoyed and sold with a very proud sense that we are selling a High Quality product with integrity.
SPAN OF CONTROL
Area Sales Manager…
1. Reports to a Regional Sales Manager
I. PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES
Area Sales Managers are expected to plan times and activities to ensure achievement of company volume, distribution, display, promotion and shelf/cold box sales and merchandising objectives within the assigned territory by:
A. Establishing and following an efficient, economical routing pattern that ensures accounts are contacted and serviced as needed.
B. Analyzing the total territory and each account to determine the priority selling and merchandising opportunities.
C. Establishing priority brand SMAC sales and merchandising objectives for each account and for each sales call that will result in achievement of quantitative and qualitative goals.
D. Preparing professional sales presentations for each call tailored to current programs and the needs of the customer.
E. Preparing a weekly Pre-Plan on Fridays for the following week. This is turned into your immediate supervisor.
II. SELLING RESPONSIBILITIES
Area Sales Manager is expected to deliver effective sales presentations:
A. Knowing in depth the features and benefits of company products and programs compared to competition.
B. Obtaining appropriate on and off-premise distribution as directed by management of company brands, type and sizes within territory accounts.
C. Gaining feature price and promotion and display merchandising support from the territory on and off-premise accounts.
D. Developing positive customer relations calling on all assigned accounts in your territory.
E. Presenting the complete company portfolio and current programs generating maximum dollar and case sales volume.
F. Selling on and off-premise features, premium pours, back bar placements.
III. MERCHANDISING RESPONSIBILITIES
An Area Manager is expected to secure in all accounts the effective presentation, to the consumer, of our brands represented merchandising standards by:
A. Following the complete steps to a sales call in each account.
B. Installing point-of-sale material within accounts that is clean, current, and present for both on and off-premise sale.
C. Selling shelf / cold box touch points in each account.
D. Installing displays that meet company standards.
E. Providing service that maintains inventory of products that are adequate to sustain sales; clean, freshly rotated and correctly priced.
IV. COMMUNICATING RESPONSIBILITIES
An Area Sales Manager is expected to maintain territory and account records in accordance with company policy and provide information and reports as directed by:
A. Following standard company policies and procedures.
B. Submitting prompt, accurate reports including the recap of your daily pre plan.
C. Maintaining up-to-date, accurate territory and account records.
D. Keeping the Regional Manager informed on customer activities, sales trends and competitive activity in the territory.
E. Maintaining adequate, well-organized inventories of sales tools, supplies, and merchandising materials needed to support territory activities.
F. Maintain all electronic communication
Please download both the 2019 Job Application and Area Sales Manager Job description, complete both forms and upload below to submit your application.