Official Contest Rules
Three Chord Bourbon “Win a Guitar Signed by Neil Giraldo” Sweepstakes
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES/DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT 21 OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR IN D.C. SEE FURTHER ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS BELOW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND STATE LAW.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. Internet access and a Facebook account are required to enter. The Three Chord Bourbon “Win a Guitar Signed by Neil Giraldo Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Three Chord Bourbon, a subsidiary of Steel Bending Spirits, LLC (“Sponsor”) begins 8:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on August 25th, 2018 and ends 11:59 PM EST on January 25th, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Sweepstakes. You may enter the Sweepstakes via Facebook as described in Rule 3, below.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers and agents of Sponsor, its parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, its advertising and promotion agencies, any alcoholic beverage industry wholesalers, distributors, or licensed retailers, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as spouse, biological, adoptive and step-parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. This Sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited by law.
To enter any Sweepstakes via Facebook, you must have a valid, public Facebook account and follow the applicable the Official Three Chord Facebook Account (@ThreeChordBourbon). If you do not have a Facebook account, visit www.facebook.com and register in accordance with the enrollment instructions for a free Facebook account. All information submitted via Facebook must be submitted pursuant to and is subject to Facebook’s and Three Chord stated privacy policies.
3. How to Enter:
Website and Facebook Entries: To enter you can just complete at least one of the following 2 items. Each item gives each consumer 1 entry only. You will receive 2 entries by completing both items.
- Become a Facebook follower of @ThreeChordBourbon on Facebook.com and share with your friends in a post. One sweepstakes entry will apply to this action.
- Go to our ThreeChordBourbon.com website and join our free club email list which also gives you updates on our events, releases and other cool information. One sweepstakes entry will apply to this action.
To enter the Sweepstakes, consumers must enter by the above stated entry deadline.
4. Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party web site or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a web site/ service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; (iii) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) failed or unavailable hardware, network or software transmissions; (v) damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or wireless device or its contents; (vi) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (viii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ix) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prize(s) or prize winner(s); (x) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (xi) cheating or fraud by any participant.
All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winner(s) from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Drawing/Odds of Winning: Winners will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted on or about January 29, 2019 by Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agent whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. On January 29, 2019, Sponsor will notify potential Grand Prize winner via a direct message from @ThreeChordBourbon or an email via our database as entered by the winner to the potential Grand Prize winner’s Facebook account used to enter the Sweepstakes (note: in order to receive such direct message, you must (a) be following @ThreeChordBourbon and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”). Prize winners may also be announced on the Sponsor’s Facebook account and email database following verification of winners and may be announced by news release. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
6. Prizes:One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive an official signed Guitar as chosen by Neil Giraldo. Any picture representations may or may not necessarily be the final guitar given to the winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is eight hundred dollars ($800.00). The total ARV of all available prizes in this Sweepstakes is is two hundred dollars ($800.00). Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded in any form. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor may substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value If the advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. All income or other applicable taxes on prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility. WINNERS WILL BE ISSUED AN IRS FORM 1099 FOR THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE. All prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
7. Verification/Prize Claim: Winners must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim or participate in a prize. Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release without additional compensation within one hour of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Sponsor’s decisions will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
8. Limitations on Liability: By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her), including but not limited to travel related thereto.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of his/her prize, acknowledges that Sponsor has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
9. Consent to Publicity: By accepting a prize, each winner further consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, voice, statements and/or likeness for advertising, promotion, public relations or trade purposes in commerce and in any media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
10. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law:By participating, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Michigan; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Michigan.
12. Winner Announcement: Grand Prize winner will be announced on our website once the drawing and confirmation are complete.